The mining of Fallenberg quarry started many centuries ago when limestone was first used as a building materiel.
It is thanks to the Jesuit priests of Maastricht that we now have this unique underground museum in the corridors of the Cannerberg.
Between the years of 1860 and 1960 Jesuits scholars and theologians spent a great deal of their leisure time, on their Wednesdays off, in the quarry.
They created charcoal drawings, coloured paintings, sculptures and statues resulting in a unique collection of art pieces, well worthwhile visiting!
The Jesuits also had a refectory in the mountain where they could eat and drink something in between or after the work. In 1998, the board of the Jesuits Foundation decided to make a new refectory in the corridors so that visitors have the opportunity to use it for a small fee.
It is possible to stay with 10 to 60 people before or after a tour in the refectory for a while while enjoying a self-brought snack and / or drink.
Dozens of burning candles will create a special atmosphere. There is water and electricity available. The refectory can only be rented in combination with a guided tour.
€ 45,- group up to 20 people
€ 55,- group up to 40 people
€ 65,- group up to 60 people
All prices are per hour!
Please take note of the following before making a reservation!
• Tour duration 1,5 hours.
• From 1st January 2019 entrance fee will be € 7,50 per person with a minimum of 10 participants or € 75,00.
• A different rate applies for a tour for groups of 40 people or more.
• For single visitors or smaller groups, we provide guided tours on the 1st Saturday of the month at 14.00 hours. Guests will be grouped together in one or more groups
• Between Monday and Friday inclusively, after reservation, guided tours will take place at the time you requested.
• On Saturday’s guided tours are possible at fixed times only starting 10.00/12.00/14.00 and 16.00 hours.
• We are closed on Sundays.
• The fee for the use of the refectory (one hour) for 1 group (max 20 persons) is € 45,00. For each extra group of 20 persons € 10,00 extra. For terms and conditions regarding the use of the refectory please see below on this website.
• Pets, with exception of guide dogs, are not permitted.
• Access for wheelchairs to the quarry is difficult, so guidance of 2 persons is necessary.
There are 2 methods of making a reservation:
• By telephone to the Administration for Guided Tours 0031(0)433213488 or 0031(0)630546526
• By email. Reservations must be completed at least one week in advance.
• Last-minute cancellations can only be made via 0031(0)630546526.
For e-mail reservations please complete the form below.
From now on it is also possible to visit the mountain individually on two Saturdays each month at 2 p.m. It does not matter if you are alone or with more. You must indicate this when booking. The costs are then just € 7.50 per person.
You must know this before you make a reservation!
• Tour duration 1.5 hours
• The price per person is € 7.50
• Only appropriate, cash payment is possible. The guides have no change.
The dates on which an individual tour is possible:
Individual guided tours will be possible again in 2022!
Attention: Reservations on the following days are not possible:
New Year: 31 December til 02 January 2023
Carnival: 19 February til 21 Februari 2023
Easter: April 09 and April 10, 2023
King's Day: April 27, 2023
Ascension day: May 18, 2023
Pentecost: may 28 and 29, 2023
Christmas and New Year: December 23 til January 01, 2024
Von Dopfflaan 4, 6213 NG Maastricht.
Attention! Recently the street name has been changed to Von Dopfflaan 4, 6213 NG Maastricht. It is possible that your route planner does not yet know this address. Then enter the old address: Cannerweg 792, 6213 NB Maastricht.
Coming from Maastricht::
Follow the road signs to Kanne via the Bieslanderweg (1), which becomes the Cannerweg (2). You leave the city and continue on the Cannerweg through the beautiful Jekerdal (3). After a kilometer, just behind the house group and in front of the Neercanne castle, go up the narrow asphalt road on the right (4). After a hundred meters, the parking is on your left. There is a short staircase in the left corner of this parking that takes you to the entrance of the Jezuïetenberg via a short path (5).
Coming from Belgium via Kanne
Driving out of Kanne via the Cannerweg in the direction of Maastricht. You will pass Neercanne Castle, which is on your left. Two hundred meters past the castle, go up the 2nd narrow asphalt road on the left (6). After a hundred meters you will find the parking on your left. There is a staircase in the left corner of this parking that takes you to the entrance of the Jezuïetenberg via a short path (5).